Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: PinEvent – DOF, PUP, SSF, and PUPDMD for FP!
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Cool! I can't wait for the release.

George

Not to derail my excitement for you to try this, but there ARE factors that may limit this running well for you.

- you need a decent system to be able to play ALL of this
- PuP Backglass videos, PUPDMD screen in Jaws for example has the equivalent of 3 full HD 1920x1080 screens (6 pup layers) running all the time
- if you run the PUP features on a second screen with FP running in Fullscreen then most people should have few problems, and it most likely will run fine.
- if you are trying to run ALL this on a single screen, then Yes it "can" work for single screen (that's what I test on mostly)...BUT... depending on your system, you could have some stuttering when trying to run ALL of this (PuP Backglass, PUPDMD) as FP needs to be run in a windowed mode for single screen usage, and that can cause sync issues (stuttering) for some people, because you are running all these other windows on top of FP's window. (and windowed doesnt sync as nice as fullscreen does).

I just want people to understand how this is running, and to have realistic expectations on how it may run on their setups.

The PUPDMD and Backglass are each optional. So you dont have to have ALL of it displayed or used. You could have just the Backglass videos... or just the PUPDMD,etc.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm 

OK. I'll give it a go anyway. My graphics card failed yesterday so I got a new card, an Nvidia RTX 2060. Maybe that will help.

It seems like it would be possible to reduce the resolution of the video but then it probably wouldn't look very good.

George

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:48 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
OK. I'll give it a go anyway. My graphics card failed yesterday so I got a new card, an Nvidia RTX 2060. Maybe that will help.

It seems like it would be possible to reduce the resolution of the video but then it probably wouldn't look very good.

George

Well that card will certainly help with the FP side nicely! BUT... its more running from on a single screen that's the issue because of syncing FP in windowed mode and running other apps that "can" cause stutter.

For the videos.... PuP use mostly CPU and little GPU. This is because it uses VLC, and forcing VLC to use hardware acceleration causes problems and it just wont work correctly for how pup uses it. Its a better thing in the end though as that leaves the GPU entirely for FP.

By all means... I still want you to give it a go. There are numerous options to try out, and not everyone uses all pup features. Converting videos "may" help...but probably not too much unless your CPU is much older / slower.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:08 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Well that card will certainly help with the FP side nicely! BUT... its more running from on a single screen that's the issue because of syncing FP in windowed mode and running other apps that "can" cause stutter..

I have found that some demanding tables that produced a low frame rate are now handled quite well with the new card. The next upgrade will have to be a new PC because just about any other change would require a new motherboard. It seems you may as well get a new PC when you get to that point.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
Well that card will certainly help with the FP side nicely! BUT... its more running from on a single screen that's the issue because of syncing FP in windowed mode and running other apps that "can" cause stutter..

I have found that some demanding tables that produced a low frame rate are now handled quite well with the new card. The next upgrade will have to be a new PC because just about any other change would require a new motherboard. It seems you may as well get a new PC when you get to that point.

Yup...that is almost always the case.

Well.... here is a pic of Jaws U-Pro on Desktop single screen.

I have an option for the pup-pack to use a simpler backglass (top right) that only has one PuP screen being used. There is no animated underlay, and no animated text where the U-Pro Logo is. This will allow the pup-pack to always pop on top of the FP Window (when not in fullscreen mode).

The PUPDMD on the Top Left is one option. Another option is a smaller DMD size display.

The way this works is you need to have choose your normal Fullscreen and resolution setting in FP Video settings. Then you uncheck the "Fullscreen" box, and hit ok. This will still keep your fullscreen resolution (even though it shows a different number for the resolution) as long as you don't change the resolution.

FP will run in ugly windowed...and that will work with PuP, but you have the window frames showing. To make it look like I have in the pic, you need to run a program like "Borderless Gaming" the will make the FP window run in Borderless Windowed mode.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:29 am 

Jaws Ultimate Pro - PinEvent - Desktop Single Screen - Gameplay Demo (Future Pinball)

https://youtu.be/ooL53gVyjz0

- PUP Full DMD 16:9 (top left) or standard PUP DMD size
- PuP-Pack (top right) with "simple Backglass option" (no underlay video or bottom text) to keep PuP on top of FP window. Cabinets / 2nd screen can display a nicer one.
- FP must be run in windowed mode (and forced to borderless fullscreen using another app if you want that)
Getting closer to release time for PinEvent 1.3 and Jaws U-Pro PE.

I also have other cabinet style videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TerryRed/videos

This video shows off some of the options you can use. The size and positions of the PUPDMD and PuP Backglass can be whatever you want. You can use both, one or the other or none at all. On a cabinet (which this was originally designed for).... this looks REALLY sharp with a Stern / Spooky Pinball style middle screen and the Backglass combined.

I'm in the process of doing install instructions for PinEvent and the table / PuP-Packs. I have 3 tables: RetroFlair - BAM, Halloween U-Pro PE, and Jaws U-Pro PE all ready with full PinEvent support and many options.

I did do some updates to the table... a couple of fixes...and I added a 3rd detached GI flasher at the back of the table and have the other 2 also detached with all 3 nano models hidden on the lockdown bar. I also added a my usual lighting options changeable in the table script.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm 

Is there a way to set the background color for the DMD (within FP using PinEvent- or some other method)?

The reason I ask - I would like to use a FONT (via puPlayer.LabelSet) and the default black background is not desirable. Instead I want a white background.

If I create an event that does a SetBG to white, it overwrites any fonts (I believe that is working as designed).

Current WIPs: ???

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:10 am 

comicalman wrote:
Is there a way to set the background color for the DMD (within FP using PinEvent- or some other method)?

The reason I ask - I would like to use a FONT (via puPlayer.LabelSet) and the default black background is not desirable. Instead I want a white background.

If I create an event that does a SetBG to white, it overwrites any fonts (I believe that is working as designed).

I think the link below leads to what you want:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 693#p95693

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:10 pm 

Thanks for reply. That doesn't seem to want to co-exist with PinEvent.

However, I found a simple solution. By simply Forcing ON a the DMD and setting a background as the Background filename (via PinupPackeditor), you can set any background AND use the Pinevent FONT as normal

Current WIPs: ???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Resources » FP Addons